Meeting of Texas City/County Leaders
April 20, 2018
8:30am - 11:00am
Hosted at EarthX Texas
We have a great opportunity to advance Texans’ security, public health and economic vitality by working together as local leaders -- and we've all seen the substantial havoc and destruction of hurricanes, droughts and wildfires in Texas and across the United States. Across the state, cities and counties are developing innovative ways to deploy sensible and aggressive energy solutions, build community resilience and stimulate local economies.
Mayor Dale Ross, Trammell Crow and the Association of Climate Change Officers invite you to join us in Dallas for a meeting to be held at EarthX Texas. At the meeting, we will explore the opportunity to forge a network of Texas cities and counties working together to build capacity on clean energy and resilience through training, knowledge exchange, resource sharing and aggregating interests. We will be joined by dozens of Texas community leaders, and will hear insights from leaders who have established similar initiatives around the country.
Texas leaders working together to ensure that their communities are sustainable, prosperous and responsible through accelerated capacity building, alignment of resources and interests, and public engagement on climate change action.
Community members would work together to shape and prioritize efforts, such as:
- Aligning climate action with economic development
- Advancing statewide preparedness and resilience
- Scaling up clean energy development and consumption
- Engaging the public to build better understanding and support
- Developing goals and implementation strategies
- Providing support to member communities in taking action locally
- Sharing and aggregating community and staff resources
- Cohort training to institutionalize clean energy and climate preparedness into critical decision-making roles
- Setting the Stage for Bold Action
- Forging Collaboration Between Local Leaders & Infrastructure Organizations
- Insights from Other State & Local Initiatives
- The Case for Institutionalizing Climate Into Decision-Making
- A Vision for Establishing a Network of Texas Cities & Counties
- Facilitated Discussion
Other EarthX Events You May Find Interesting
- Resilience Summit (National League of Cities) - details coming soon
- EarthX Global Gala
Additional information on events of interest
will be published here shortly. In the meantime, you can learn more about EarthX at www.EarthX.org.
Insights from the
Compact of Colorado Communities
Attendees will hear insights from community leaders involved with the Compact of Colorado Communities:
You can view a video of the Colorado launch meeting (May 2017), which includes a presentation on the structure of that Compact.