ACCO Job Openings
ACCO is accepting applications for two positions currently:
- Director of Education & Training
To apply for either position, please send your resume and cover letter to careers@ACCOonline.org. Please be sure to include your desired salary range in your cover letter.
Director of Education & Training
The Director of Education and Training works under the general supervision of ACCO’s executive director to design, coordinate, deliver, and evaluate ACCO’s professional education and training programs conducted for and on behalf of ACCO and its contractual partners.
- Develop and implement strategic plan for the Maryland Academy for Climate Education (“Academy”)
- Oversee Academy curriculum and enrollment
- Create solutions that satisfy the needs of a diverse set of learners (e.g., webinars, interactive modules, videos, online courses, quick reference guides, job aids, video, performance support walkthroughs, etc.)
- Facilitate Academy steering committee activities
- Build and maintain project plans and pipelines for in-person and online trainings
- Manage and promote market education/training events
- Coordinate logistics for courses, events and conferences
- Write grant and/or program funding proposals
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends to support marketing, admission, program delivery/design for online education
- Continuously gather stakeholder feedback on education programs and make adjustments accordingly
- Represent ACCO to external stakeholders and keep them apprised of training offerings and opportunities
- Establish and strengthen relationships with key collaborative partners
- Develop and maintain community and professional networks across the state and nation to inform and implement Maryland program work
- Recruit, train, and maintain a strong and diverse pool of volunteer/contract staff to help deliver programs.
- Document program planning, procedures, practices, and logistics to ensure quality and sustainability
- Structure and monitor outcome measures and evaluation procedures for programs
- Prepare and monitor program budgets
- Perform additional duties designated achieve success of programs and meet ACCO mission in Maryland
- Serve as project manager for all ACCO training programs for and on behalf of Maryland state agencies
- Full-time annual salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (in a related field preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years (5 with a master’s degree) experience in program administration and work in the fields of education and/or organizational development
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with climate change, sustainability, clean energy or environmental affairs content
- Applicant's office will be located in Washington, DC or Maryland
- A strong personal commitment to ACCO’s mission, vision and programming
- Ability to develop and implement new programs related to ACCO’s mission and contractual requirements
- Proven experience in developing curriculum for innovative programming and professional/continuing education and a thorough understanding of educational delivery models
- Strong facilitation and group leadership skills.
- A familiarity with and understanding of climate change, environmental sustainability and/or clean energy
- Experience working with higher education institutions, government agencies and philanthropic foundations
- Leadership experience with diverse groups and decision-makers
- The ability to conceive, develop, and complete tasks without close supervision
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong supervisory and budget development and monitoring skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks
- An understanding of human relations programming assessment and measurement tools
- Computer competency and proficiency in Mac/Windows/Microsoft Office environment
This position supports activities related to ACCO's working groups, advisory board and Board of Directors. The intern will be expected to support all ACCO member meetings by helping with meeting logistics, taking minutes, reporting and tracking action items, and online collaboration. This internship position will also involve event support and speaker coordination for ACCO webinars and workshops.
- Proofreading and editing materials;
- Research and synthesis supporting ACCO publications and weekly member bulletin;
- Assisting in organizing meetings and conferences;
- Conducting outreach to prospective and existing partner organizations; and
- Drafting content for the ACCO web site, research reports, and social media.
- An undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in environmental studies, sustainability, business or other field related to ACCO's activities;
- A detail-oriented, highly organized individual preferably with previous office/administrative experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated mastery of oral and written English;
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Internet research and communication tools (blogs, social media etc);
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize among competing demands;
- Familiarity with climate change policy and business issues;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in responding to challenges and opportunities with minimal supervision; and
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with individuals and colleagues at all levels.
Full-time and part-time Internship positions are available. The specific hours of the internship are flexible. If you participate in a work-study program please indicate that in your application. We welcome applications from volunteer interns, as well.