ACCO Job Openings
ACCO is accepting applications for two positions currently:
- Director of Client Training Services (updated on July 15, 2018)
- Freelance Project Manager (open)
To apply for any of the above positions, please send your resume and cover letter to careers@ACCOonline.org or respond to the job postings on LinkedIn. Please be sure to include your desired salary range in your cover letter.
Director of Client Training Services (Annapolis, Maryland or Washington, DC)
The Director of Client Training Services works directly with ACCO clients and partners to develop and implement strategic training plans for each institution, coordinate the development of customized curriculum with the Director of Credentialing and Training Programs, and manage corresponding relationships. In this role, this individual will serve as ACCO’s program manager for advisory services and dedicated training that ACCO provides to the Maryland Chesapeake & Coastal Service.
- Develop and implement strategic training plan for the client organization
- Coordinate with the Director of Credentialing and Training Programs to develop tailored competency frameworks, learning progressions and curriculum informed by ACCO’s Core Competencies for Climate Change Officers and Professionals
- Deploy solutions that satisfy the needs of a diverse set of learners (e.g., webinars, interactive modules, videos, online courses, quick reference guides, job aids, video, performance support walkthroughs, etc.)
- Establish benchmarks and metrics to help measure an institution’s workforce/leadership capacity and subsequent progress
- Represent ACCO to clients and keep them apprised of training offerings and opportunities
- Document program planning, procedures, practices, and logistics to ensure quality and sustainability
- Prepare and monitor program budgets
- Full-time annual salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (in a related field preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years (5 with a master’s degree) experience in workforce training and/or executive education administration
- Experience managing client services and relationships in a service environment
- A strong personal commitment to ACCO’s mission, vision and programming
- A familiarity with and understanding of climate change, environmental sustainability and/or clean energy
- The ability to conceive, develop, and complete tasks without close supervision
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong supervisory and budget development and monitoring skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks
- Computer competency and proficiency in Mac/Windows/Microsoft Office environment
Freelance Project Manager
ACCO is seeking a freelance project manager with strong business / organizational management skills to help implement its research, education and training initiatives. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Overseeing, facilitating and supporting implementation of certain ACCO research, education and training initiatives
- Effectively engaging with ACCO members and external partners to conduct project responsibilities and secure participation
- Provide regular assessment and reflection on progress toward deliverables and overarching goals, and demonstrate ability to correct course of action as needed
- Writing and editing content for related project deliverables and publications
- Represent ACCO at local and national conferences and public speaking events as appropriate
- Other related responsibilities and duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for ACCO’s mission and vision (see https://accoonline.org/whoweare) and is ready to work in a dynamic work environment while being a self-starter. We seek engaged professionals with outstanding project management, stakeholder engagement and communication skills. Other qualifications include:
- Strength in management in strategy development, operational excellence, and implementation of initiatives
- Excellent presentation and personal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in frequently used programs such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, file sharing platforms, CRM software, etc.
- Solid relationship-building skills, able to comfortably interface with communities of all income levels, funders, nonprofits and government departments.
- Practical experience with climate change, clean energy and environmental sustainability initiatives
- Empathy: ability to understand a diversity of views and motivations.
- Strategic thinking and ability to identify and move good ideas forward
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse workgroup
- Self-motivated and self-starting
- Optimistic with a positive attitude
- Master’s degree in a discipline related to this job description.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in project development and implementation related to climate action, sustainability planning, urban planning and/or large-scale infrastructure projects
This position supports activities related to ACCO's working groups, advisory board and Board of Directors. The intern will be expected to support all ACCO member meetings by helping with meeting logistics, taking minutes, reporting and tracking action items, and online collaboration. This internship position will also involve event support and speaker coordination for ACCO webinars and workshops.
- Proofreading and editing materials;
- Research and synthesis supporting ACCO publications and weekly member bulletin;
- Assisting in organizing meetings and conferences;
- Conducting outreach to prospective and existing partner organizations; and
- Drafting content for the ACCO web site, research reports, and social media.
- An undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in environmental studies, sustainability, business or other field related to ACCO's activities;
- A detail-oriented, highly organized individual preferably with previous office/administrative experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated mastery of oral and written English;
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Internet research and communication tools (blogs, social media etc);
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize among competing demands;
- Familiarity with climate change policy and business issues;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in responding to challenges and opportunities with minimal supervision; and
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with individuals and colleagues at all levels.
Full-time and part-time Internship positions are available. The specific hours of the internship are flexible. If you participate in a work-study program please indicate that in your application. We welcome applications from volunteer interns, as well.